My knees go weak at the thought of chocolate donuts! These literately have no sugar and low carbs and most certainly satisfy my most almost daily cravings for chocolate! Did I mention these were gluten free?
I love to make a keto desert that gets the keto community talking and turns heads. It's not every day you hear somebody eating a keto chocolate donut!
When it comes to keto deserts, chocolate is always the go to choice. This is because you can't go wrong with the taste of chocolate - It tastes the same whether it's added with sugar or with your favourite sweetener.
When it comes to sweetener, there are plenty in the keto world. However, we always like to use our own granulated sweetener blend, which is a mix of erythritol and stevia. This gives it the closest taste to sugar possible and satisfies your taste buds cravings for something sweet.
Tips on how to make the chocolate glaze
There's quite a few keto chocolate donuts recipes on the internet, so I wanted to make something with a twist. For the glazing, I decided to Belgian dark chocolate from Choco Logic . This chocolate is sugar free is is sweetened by inulin, erythritol and stevia. I've been using this chocolate for years and absolutely love it. In the UK, you can pick these up in your local Sainsburys, Morrisons or any other big supermarket.
You can use chocolate from Lindt, but please check the sugar content. If it's too high, then you're kind of defeating the object of creating a keto chocolate donut.
I sweetened the glazing a bit more by adding our Groovy Keto Erythritol / Stevia blend. This makes it taste better. However, If you don't consume too much sweeteners or don't have a sweet tooth, then you probably don't need this.
Add the Choco Logic chocolate, erythritol and a bit a coconut oil to a pan and heat. Make sure it doesn't boil otherwise you'll ruin the taste. Allow the chocolate glazing to cool before dipping your baked donuts in. Feel free to double dip (Making sure you let them cool in between!)
Keto Chocolate Donuts - How to make
Here's the recipe to make our keto chocolate donuts. Oven times vary, so please keep an eye on them!
What you'll need
- 4 Eggs
- 120g butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (Optional, but this always gives chocolate a better taste)
- A donut tray
- 100g Groovy Keto Erythritol / Stevia blend
- 40g coconut flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum (Optional, but this improves texture and prevents crumbling)
For the glazing:
- 60g sugar free chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 50g powdered Erythritol (Lower this amount if you're sweet enough :))
- Preheat your oven to 160-170 Celsius
- In a bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract
- Add dry mix: Erythritol, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and xanthan gum. Blend until you have a smooth batter
- Spoon the mix into a well greased donut tray. Make sure you don't overfill because these donuts will expand due to the baking powder
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes
- For the glazing, in a bowl mix the sugar free chocolate, coconut oil and powdered erythritol in a pan and lightly heat until the chocolate has melted.
- After the donuts have completely cooled, dip them into the chocolate glazing. Leave out to dry.